Undergraduate Course: Design Research 2 - Performance Costume (DESI08033)
|School||Edinburgh College of Art
||College||College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 8 (Year 2 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||This course introduces students to basic research methods appropriate to their specific discipline. Students will apply these methods to creatively inform and underpin their studio practice.
The specific aims of the Course are to introduce basic research methods, techniques and approaches; to enable students to develop a body of research informed by an introduction to historical and contemporary creative practice and user/audience needs; to develop students critical analysis and reflective appraisal of set research themes.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| This course is only available to ECA students on degree programmes belonging to Design.
|Additional Costs|| Range of design materials and field trips pertaining to programme specialism - often an advance payment is required.
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- INVESTIGATE: Use a variety of practical and theoretical methods to demonstrate an investigation of research themes.
- CONSIDER: Demonstrate the consideration of a range of issues influencing the research.
- SELECT: Demonstrate the ability to select research themes and directions appropriate to specific projects and lines of enquiry.
|Performance Costume - Design Research 2|
- Huaixiang, T. Character Costume Figure Drawing. FocalPress
- Landis, D. N. FilmCraft: Costume Design. ILEX (2012)
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
||Explore various forms of researching, creative problem solving and decision making, editing, communicating.
|Course organiser||Ms Emma Renhard
|Course secretary||Mrs Gill Lowther