Undergraduate Course: Design Studio 2 - Animation (DESI08049)
|School||Edinburgh College of Art
||College||College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 8 (Year 2 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||This course introduces students to the fundamental knowledge and skills appropriate to their chosen discipline. Students work on a series of exercises and projects of differing time-frames and increasing complexity within a studio environment. Students are encouraged to develop an iterative creative process that incorporates making, evaluating, presenting and reflecting.
The aims of the course are:
1. To introduce appropriate creative methods, techniques and approaches
2. To explore how practitioners personally respond to briefs
3. To introduce appropriate materials and processes
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
|| Students MUST have passed:
||Other requirements|| This course is only available to ECA students on degree programmes belonging to Design.
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- EVALUATE: evaluate and respond to project briefs and formulate appropriate approaches.
- DEVELOP: apply fundamental material and conceptual development through a transparent iterative process.
- REALISE: evaluate a body of research work, and select and realise suitable project solutions through structured and transparent methodologies
|Animation - Design Studio 2|
- Purves,B. Basics Animation 04 Stop Motion, AVA
- Van Sijll, J, Cinematic Storytelling: The 100 Most Powerful
Film Conventions Every Filmmaker Must Know. Michael
Wiese Productions (2005)
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Course organiser||Mr Jared Taylor
Tel: (0131 6)51 5964
|Course secretary||Mrs Gill Lowther