Undergraduate Course: Design Externality 3 Major (Semester 2) - Animation (DESI09069)
|School||Edinburgh College of Art
||College||College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 9 (Year 3 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Available to all students
|Summary||This course is designed to encompass studies undertaken either within ECA or on internship. The course develops students' professional awareness of current working methods and practices within their discipline in order to plan their personal focus and direction within the discipline. The course will introduce advanced professional practices and methods and enable students to begin to position their practice within the discipline. Students will explore a range of appropriate design methodologies and strategies for the professional presentation and documentation of work.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| None
|Additional Costs|| Range of design materials and trips pertaining to programme specialism. Likely to incur general costs relating to photocopying, printing and so forth.
Information for Visiting Students
|Pre-requisites||Only available to visiting students in the Design School.
|High Demand Course?
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- EVALUATE: demonstrate a recognition of the professional context for the discipline and apply appropriate professional practices.
- REFLECT: demonstrate the ability to reflect on your personal position and potential direction within the professional context and plan appropriate future activity.
- COMMUNICATE: communicate proposals, concepts and responses, using a variety of appropriate methods.
- Drucker, P. Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Harper
- Carnegie, D. How to Win Friends and Influence People.
- Audi, R. Business Ethics and Ethical Business. OUP USA
- Storti, C. The Art of Crossing Cultures. Intercultural Press
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
||Use formal and informal presentations to a range of audiences. Draw on a range of sources in making judgements. Listening skills. Decision-making. Responsibility and initiative. Self-motivation.
|Course organiser||Mr Jared Taylor
Tel: (0131 6)51 5964
|Course secretary||Ms Sophie O'Shea
Tel: (0131 6)51 5448