Undergraduate Course: Design Studio 4 (Illustration) (DESI10047)
|School||Edinburgh College of Art
||College||College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 10 (Year 4 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||This course is only available to students in the School of Design.
Indicative course content
This course enables students to develop a personal, integrated, critical and reflective design approach appropriate to their chosen discipline. Students work on self-selected and generated projects within a studio environment.
Aims of course
1 develop and consolidate personal creative methods, techniques and approaches
2 explore how practitioners generate and justify personal project briefs
3 develop and consolidate personal approaches to materials and processes
Mode of delivery
Studio-Based Project Work, Group Crits, Individual and Group Mentoring, Project Review
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- 1.INITIATE: demonstrate the initiation and evaluation of original creative concepts in response to research findings through critical assessment
- 2.EVALUATE: demonstrate the evaluation of the development of projects through a structured, transparent and personal methodology and considered judgment
- 3.RESOLVE: demonstrate appropriate material development through a transparent iterative process, leading to resolved outcomes at an appropriate professional standard, demonstrating an integrated relationship between practice, theory and industry
|DESI10047 Design Studio 4- Illustration|
- McCloud, S. Understanding Comics: The Invisible Art.
William Morrow (2001)
- Reynolds, K. Children's Literature: A Very Short Introduction.
Oxford University Press (2011)
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Course organiser||Mr Jonathan Gibbs
|Course secretary||Ms Jane Thomson
Tel: (0131 6)51 5713