Undergraduate Course: Design Studio 4 (Film & TV) (DESI10049)
|School||Edinburgh College of Art
||College||College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 10 (Year 4 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||Students work on self-selected and generated practice-based film projects.¿For this they develop personal creative methods, techniques and approaches and explore how film professionals generate and justify personal projects.
This is a project led course in which students work on a practice-based film project. Students identify the cinematic and creative challenges of their project and decide on a visual and cinematic approach. A series of assignments within the course support the process of consolidating the cinematic language and artistic vision. Students are required to consider both the the artistic merit of their project as well as the feasibility of their project.
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- INITIATE: demonstrate the initiation and evaluation of original creative concepts, considering both the artistic merit and feasibility of their project.
- EVALUATE: demonstrate the evaluation of the development of their film project through a structured, transparent and personal methodology and considered judgment.
- RESOLVE: demonstrate appropriate project development through a transparent iterative process, leading to resolved outcomes, demonstrating an integrated relationship between practice and theory.
|DESI10049 Design Studio 4- Film/TV|
- Herzog, W. & Cronin, P. Herzog on Herzog. Faber & Faber
- Stok, D. Kieslowski on Kieslowski. Faber & Faber (1994)
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Course organiser||Dr Itandehui Jansen
Tel: (0131 6)51 5852
|Course secretary||Mr Rhiordan Langan-Fortune
Tel: (0131 6)51 5926