Postgraduate Course: Reflections in Practice (EDUA11280)
|School||Moray House School of Education and Sport
||College||College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 11 (Postgraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||The course seeks to develop and improve a range of definable understanding and skills that are pivotal to successful management practice and to effective leadership. These include thinking and decision-making skills, the management of financial information, managing budgets, a range of teamworking and interpersonal skills and others associated with developing personal effectiveness and credibility at work. The course also seeks to develop skills of particular significance to effective higher-level people management and provide opportunities for applied learning and continuous professional development as well as critical reflection on theory and practice from an ethical and professional standpoint.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| None
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- 1. Manage themselves more effectively at work or in another professional context.
2. Manage interpersonal relationships at work more effectively.
3. Make sound and justifiable decisions and solve problems more effectively.
- 4. Lead and influence others more effectively.
5. Interpret financial information and manage financial resources.
6. Demonstrate enhanced IT proficiency.
- 7. Demonstrate an essential people management skill-set.
8. Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of current issues and trends in the field of learning and development.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Course organiser||Mr Peter Evans
Tel: (0131 6)51 6345