Postgraduate Course: Sensor and Imaging Systems Project (MSc) (PGEE11129)
|School||School of Engineering
||College||College of Science and Engineering
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 11 (Postgraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||Students will apply the knowledge gained from the taught courses in S1 and S2, to an individual project on an intellectually demanding topic under the guidance of a supervisor with the practical supervision necessary to meet their projects¿ broad aim and objectives.
Introduction to group project.
Descriptions of technology and software.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
|| Students MUST have passed:
Research Project Preparation (PGEE11044)
||Other requirements|| None
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
| Students will be able to:
- research the literature in their subject area, draw appropriate conclusions and incorporate these in their project work
- create a project plan and monitor progress against the plan
- use available equipment, facilities and research resources innovatively to address their chosen research topic
- carry out some creative work independently while still requiring guidance from an experienced supervisor
- prepare and submit a formal project report for examination
- present their results in a viva-voce examination.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Keywords||Sensor,Dissertation,project planning,report writing,research project
|Course organiser||Prof Ian Underwood
Tel: (0131 6)50 5631 / 7474
|Course secretary||Mrs Megan Inch-Kellingray
Tel: (0131 6)51 7079