Postgraduate Course: Research Phase Project Planning (IDCORE) (PGEE11238)
|School||School of Engineering
||College||College of Science and Engineering
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 11 (Postgraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||Development of a Project Plan and outline Literature Review to cover the Research Phase of the IDCORE programme
Reviewing existing literature on the subject
Project resource planning.
Project Timescale planning (preparation/design of Gantt chart).
Assessing the risks to successful completion of the project.
Proposing mitigations to those risks.
Assessing Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI).
Assessing Health & Safety aspects.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| None
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Use variety of tools to discover, appraise and organise existing literature.
- Plan for effective project implementation, including project resources and project timescales.
- Assess risks to successful completion of a project.
- Assess how to mitigate risks.
- Prepare a Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI) and H&S assessments.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Course organiser||Prof David Ingram
Tel: (0131 6)51 9022
|Course secretary||Dr Katrina Tait
Tel: (0131 6)51 9023