Across the two years of study, students must take the following:
a) The two programme compulsory core courses:
- The World of Story: Narrative, Creativity and the Arts (fusion online)
- The World as Story: Narrative, Self and Society (fusion online)
b) EFI shared core courses;
- Interdisciplinary Futures (fusion online)
- Either Insights Through Data (fusion online) OR Text Remix (fusion online)
- Ethical Data Futures (fusion online)
- Either Representing Data (fusion online) OR Building Near Futures (fusion online)
c) A total of 60 credits of electives, which must include a minimum of 20 credits of elective courses from the list of specific electives for the relevant programme.
The programme core courses and the shared core courses introduce students to skills and concepts that will assist them when studying elective courses and the project. Therefore, we encourage students to take the two programme core courses, along with as many of the EFI shared core courses as possible, during year one.
d) The two MSc programme final project courses:
- Knowledge Integration and Project Planning: Narrative Futures: Art, Data and Society (fusion online)
- Futures Project: Narrative Futures: Art, Data and Society (fusion online)
Please aim to ensure that your credits are equally balanced across both semesters in a year. This is to ensure student workload is balanced.