In order to be eligible for the Narrative Futures: Art, Data, Society (MSc) (fusion online), students need to obtain 180 SCQF level 11 credits.
The MSc must be completed within 3 years.
Across the 3 years of study, students must take the following:
a) The two programme compulsory core courses (20 credits):
- The World of Story: Narrative, Creativity and the Arts
- The World as Story: Narrative, Self and Society
b) EFI Shared Core courses (40 credits):
- Interdisciplinary Futures
- Insights Through Data [OR] Text Remix
- Ethical Data Futures
- Representing Data [OR] Building Near Futures
c) A total of 60 credits of electives, which must include a minimum of 20 credits of elective courses from the 'Narrative Futures: Art, Data, Society (fusion online) - Programme Optional Course Collection'.
d) The following MSc final project courses MUST be taken in Year 3 (60 credits):
- Knowledge Integration and Project Planning: Narrative Futures: Art, Data, Society
- Futures Project: Narrative Futures: Art, Data, Society
All taught courses must be taken before the MSc final project. Please refer to the EFI Postgraduate Programme Handbook for further information.
The programme compulsory courses and the shared core courses introduce students to skills and concepts that will assist them when studying elective courses and the final project. Therefore, we encourage students to take the two programme compulsory courses, along with the required EFI shared core courses as early as possible .
We would reco mmend that you aim to balance your course credits across the 3 years evenlt. This is to ensure student workload is balanced. However, we appreciate that this may not always be possible (or preferrable) for part-time students.