Undergraduate Course: Visual Research 4 (20 credit) (ARTX10035)
|School||Edinburgh College of Art
||College||College of Humanities and Social Science
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 10 (Year 4 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||This course is only available to ECA students on degree programmes belonging to the School of Art.
This course will consolidate an enhanced understanding of critical reflection in relation to methods of information gathering and editing of resources appropriate to your specialism. Drawing on a focused body of resources and visual material you will define a personal perspective in relation to your work.
1. To engage critically in specialist visual research in relation to art practice.
2. To build on and enhance an understanding of research that underpins a self-motivated approach to studio practice.
3. To identify appropriate materials, methods and processes of research within the context of your own work and current practice.
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- You will be assessed against three Learning Outcomes and all are equally weighted:
Investigation: Present evidence of a critical understanding of key practices and methods that underpin a substantial project(s).
- Reflection: Demonstrate an ability to reflect on the impact of visual research on a considered body of work.
- Application: Demonstrate a professional ability to apply a sophisticated clearly defined body of research in the support of studio practice.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
||Self Directed Study, Collaboration, Negotiation, Technical methods, Critical evaluation.
|Keywords||Research, Historic and current art practice, visual documentation, critical evaluation, proposals, t
|Course organiser||Mr Stuart Bennett
Tel: (0131 6)51 5875
|Course secretary||Mrs Margaret Milner
Tel: (0131 6)51 5879