Undergraduate Course: Biblical Hebrew Texts A (BIST10001)
|School||School of Divinity
||College||College of Humanities and Social Science
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 10 (Year 3 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Available to all students
|Summary||An extended portion of Hebrew Bible: introduction, translation, and textual and exegetical commentary.
Information for Visiting Students
|Pre-requisites||Visiting students should have at least 3 Divinity/Religious Studies courses at grade B or above (or be predicted to obtain this). We will only consider University/College level courses.
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
| - to enhance primary-text language skills for Honours-level students;
- to widen the student's experience of classical Hebrew through careful reading of selected Biblical texts;
- to develop skills of textual criticism through first-hand examination of the range of relevant evidence;
- to develop skills in exegesis through a structured investigation of the literary, historical, and theological dimensions of the texts studied;
- to demonstrate an ability to identify key terms and their meanings;
- to demonstrate good judgement about how to judge the relative importance of items on course bibliographies.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Course organiser||Dr David Reimer
Tel: (0131 6)50 8977
|Course secretary||Ms Katrina Munro
Tel: (0131 6)50 8900