Postgraduate Course: Environmental and nutritional diseases of livestock of international importance (INAH11010)
|School||Deanery of Biomedical Sciences
||College||College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 11 (Postgraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||This course aims to promote an understanding of the environmental and nutritional diseases that affect livestock.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| None
|Additional Costs|| Students will be required to have regular access to a networked computer, and will be responsible for providing their own computing equipment and consumables.
Course Delivery Information
|Academic year 2015/16, Available to all students (SV1)
|Learning and Teaching activities (Further Info)
Lecture Hours 10,
Seminar/Tutorial Hours 10,
Online Activities 25,
Programme Level Learning and Teaching Hours 2,
Directed Learning and Independent Learning Hours
|Assessment (Further Info)
|Additional Information (Assessment)
||Formal summative written assessment will constitute 60% of the student's grade. Online discussion in both a synchronous and asynchronous environment will contribute further to the final mark. In combination with the submission of electronic course assignments, these elements will provide the remaining 40% of the final mark.
|No Exam Information
| At the completion of this course, the candidate should understand:
- trace element deficiencies
- metabolic and production diseases
- environmental poisoning (including toxic plants)
- malnutrition and nutritional-disease interactions.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
||This courses will be taught entirely by distance learning, using the virtual learning environment Learn as the delivery platform. Course materials are protected by secure username and password access, that will be made available to registered users.
|Additional Class Delivery Information
||This course will be delivered online through Learn.
|Course organiser||Dr Ewan Macleod
Tel: 0131 242 9379
|Course secretary||Miss Lauren Sandford
Tel: (0131 6)51 5470
© Copyright 2015 The University of Edinburgh - 18 January 2016 4:12 am