Postgraduate Course: Computing for Statistics (MATH11117)
|School||School of Mathematics
||College||College of Science and Engineering
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 11 (Postgraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||- Statistical modelling and motivation.
- Statistical computation using specialised software.
- Develops models and methods of regression modelling.
- Practical aspects of statistical modelling.
- Data analysis.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| None
Course Delivery Information
|Academic year 2015/16, Not available to visiting students (SS1)
|Learning and Teaching activities (Further Info)
Lecture Hours 3,
Seminar/Tutorial Hours 16,
Programme Level Learning and Teaching Hours 1,
Directed Learning and Independent Learning Hours
|Assessment (Further Info)
|Additional Information (Assessment)
||See 'Breakdown of Assessment Methods' and 'Additional Notes', above.
|No Exam Information
| 1. Familiarity with statistical modelling.
2. Ability to use specialised statistical software for data analysis, particularly regression analysis and analysis of variance.
3. Ability to interpret the results of statistical analyses.
4. Develop skills in applied statistics.
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
||MSc Statistics and Operational Research students only.
|Course organiser||Dr Bruce Worton
Tel: (0131 6)50 4884
|Course secretary||Mrs Frances Reid
Tel: (0131 6)50 4883
© Copyright 2015 The University of Edinburgh - 18 January 2016 4:25 am