Postgraduate Course: Molecular Pathology Project (MCLM11025)
|School||Deanery of Molecular, Genetic and Population Health Sciences
||College||College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 11 (Postgraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||Research project in molecular pathology as part of the MMedSci programme.
A research project in molecular pathology (the molecular understanding of disease), including relevant practical work; participation in seminars and other research presentations; and submission of a written dissertation.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| None
Course Delivery Information
|Academic year 2015/16, Not available to visiting students (SS1)
|Learning and Teaching activities (Further Info)
Formative Assessment Hours 80,
Programme Level Learning and Teaching Hours 16,
Directed Learning and Independent Learning Hours
|Assessment (Further Info)
|Additional Information (Assessment)
||Coursework 100% - Assessment of dissertation, which would normally be 12-15,000 words in length.
|No Exam Information
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- 1. Demonstrate knowledge of the background literature relevant to their project
- 2. Undertake critical appraisal of relevant research papers and report the relevant literature accurately
- 3. Keep accurate laboratory records
- 4. Analyse and report data derived from the project in written, poster and oral form
- 5. Discuss the data derived from the project in the context of the background literature
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
||Graduates of this course will acquire practical skills in molecular pathology in addition to critical appraisal, writing, poster and oral presentation skills.
|Keywords||Molecular,pathology; research; masters
© Copyright 2015 The University of Edinburgh - 18 January 2016 4:27 am