Undergraduate Course: Cancer Care (NUST10022)
|School||School of Health in Social Science
||College||College of Humanities and Social Science
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 10 (Year 3 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||This course allows students to explore the complexity of the cancer experience and gain a sound and sensitive understanding of the principles of cancer care in a variety of contexts.
Entry Requirements (not applicable to Visiting Students)
||Other requirements|| Only open to Nursing Students.
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge and understanding of the biology of cancer.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the theoretical concepts and principles in cancer care
- Critically identify, define, conceptualise and analyse complex/professional level problems and issues
- Explore and appraise the value of health awareness, prevention and diagnostic screening
- Demonstrate knowledge of different forms of treatment, interventions and support
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Course organiser||Prof Tonks Fawcett
Tel: (0131 6)50 3883
|Course secretary||Miss Lee Gaedtke
Tel: (0131 6)51 3972