Progression to Year 3 normally requires passes in at least 100 credit points worth of courses in Year 2. The 100 credit points passed must be from the list of courses given in Year 2 of the Degree Programme Table (DPT) of the student's chosen degree programme.
In addition, entry to Year 3 is normally only permitted if the following pre-requisite courses are passed:
- ELEE08016: Analogue Circuits 2
- ELEE08015: Digital System Design 2
- MECE08009: Dynamics 2
- SCEE08006: Engineering Thermodynamics 2
- SCEE08003: Fluid Mechanics 2
- SCEE08008: Power Engineering 2
- SCEE08002: Structural Mechanics 2A.