Progression to Year 3 normally requires passes in at least 100 credit points worth of courses in Year 2. The 100 credit points passed must be from the list of courses given in Year 2 of the Degree Programme Table (DPT) of the student's chosen degree programme.
In addition, entry to Year 3 is normally only permitted if the following pre-requisite courses are passed:
- CIVE08012: Behaviour and Design of Structures 2
- SCEE08003: Fluid Mechanics 2
- CIVE08019: Soil Mechanics 2
- SCEE08002: Structural Mechanics 2A
- CIVE08010: Structural Mechanics 2B.
Most students will take Construction Management 3 (CIVE09013) as their optional course.