During 3rd year, when permitted, at least 30 weeks must be spent in the relevant country and prescribed work completed in Business Studies and the relevant language in an approved establishment. During sessions when this is not permitted students will be offered an alternative means of engagement.
One unit of assessment is allocated to every 20 credits and constitutes one 20-credit paper. The following are the twelve 20-credit papers on which the classification of the degree is based.
1. German Language Paper 1 (10 credits from Language acquisition and 10 from Y4 LP1 course)
2. German Language Paper 2 (10 credits from Language acquisition and 10 from Y4 LP2 course)
3. Oral for German (taught and assessed in Y4)
4. German Online Language Course for Year Abroad Students
5. Business Studies Long Essay
6. Business Studies Long Essay
7. MEL Year Abroad work OR MEL Dissertation Preparation (see 8)
8. MEL Long Essay OR MEL Dissertation Completion (Papers 7 & 8 are a combined grade 10% from preparation and 90% from final dissertation preparation. Credits cannot be awarded for Dissertation preparation unless the full 2 year course is completed.)
9. German Hons option course
10. Further courses in Business Studies
11. Further courses in Business Studies
12. Further courses in Business Studies