Undergraduate Course: Medical Sciences Academic Portfolio (MSBM10014)
|School||Deanery of Biomedical Sciences
||College||College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 10 (Year 4 Undergraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||Students will be required to demonstrate their development as Medical Scientists through the preparation of a reflective academic portfolio. The portfolio will be developed over the whole of the final year and submitted at the end of semester 2. It will be based on a subject area that the student has addressed in an earlier year. The portfolio will provide re-evaluation and reflection of the original subject area through independent investigative research and expansion of the theme using skills obtained and developed over all years of the Medical Sciences programme.
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate your ability to work independently and gain in-depth knowledge in an area of medical science.
- Re-evaluate and reflect upon a subject area in medical science, in light of new information.
- Reflect upon and convey the development of a broad range of professional and personal skills, including critical judgement, computer literacy, and time management, that will suit you for employment in a wide range of professions.
- Demonstrate some originality and creativity in dealing with professional issues
- Communicate effectively regarding what informed your choices about content and direction of the portfolio.
|No specific reading list|
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
|Course organiser||Dr Ruth Deighton
Tel: (0131 6)51 5479
|Course secretary||Mr Colin Arthur