During 3rd year, when permitted, at least 30 weeks of approved residence must be spent in the relevant Scandinavian country. During sessions when this is not permitted students will be offered an alternative means of engagement.
One unit of assessment is allocated to every 20 credits and constitutes one 20-credit paper. The following are the twelve 20-credit papers on which the classification of the degree is based. ELCC10007 is a 40 credit course, and is therefore counted twice (papers 5&6).
1. Scandinavian Language Paper 1 (10 credits from Language acquisition and 10 from Y4 LP1 course)
2. Scandinavian Language Paper 2 (10 credits from Language acquisition and 10 from Y4 LP2 course)
3. Oral for Scandinavian (taught and assessed in Y4)
4. Online Language Course for Year Abroad Students
5. MEL Year Abroad Work (ECTS or YA Essay) ELCC10007
6. MEL Year Abroad Work (ECTS or YA Essay) ELCC10007
7. MEL Dissertation Preparation (see 8)
8. MEL Dissertation Completion (Papers 7 & 8 are a combined grade 10% from preparation and 90% from final dissertation; credits cannot be awarded for Dissertation preparation unless the full 2 year course is completed)
9. Scandinavian Hons option 1
10. Scandinavian Hons option 2
11. Scandinavian Hons option 3
12. Scandinavian Hons option 4