Postgraduate Course: Dental Clinic Management (DENT11113)
|School||Deanery of Clinical Sciences
||College||College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine
|Credit level (Normal year taken)||SCQF Level 11 (Postgraduate)
||Availability||Not available to visiting students
|Summary||This course is designed to review the management skills required for the lead clinician in a primary dental care clinic. It will review leadership skills, team-working and communication skills. It will also update knowledge about managing health and safety, including cross infection control, within the clinical environment. Elements of financial management and business planning will be included.
Detail still to be finalised
Course Delivery Information
|Not being delivered|
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstratr a critical understanding of the dental clinic as a business.
- Critically evaluate the financial budget for a primary dental care clinic by analyzing a set of accounts and providing an hourly rate calculation for the current business.
- Demonstrate the ability to set and monitor standards of clinical governance within a primary dental care clinic.
- Analyse the problems associated with the management of a clinical team, and demonstrate the ability to provide solutions for these problems, in a series of scenarios.
- Critically appraise the information gathered about the status of the business and demonstrate the ability to synthesise a plan for the development of the business.
|Available on the VLE as links to the University of Edinburgh library|
|Graduate Attributes and Skills
||Computer specification to enable participation
|Keywords||Practice management,clinical leadership,team-working,financial management
|Course organiser||Dr Oonagh Lawrie
Tel: (0131) 536 3974
|Course secretary||Miss Jennifer Allison
Tel: (0131) 536 3975