Entry into Honours:
(1) students must pass courses to the required value of 240 credits in the first two years;
(2) students must achieve 50% or more at first attempt in all required second-year courses for their registered degree;
(3) students must achieve at least 50% overall in the relevant second-year language course(s), including at least 50% in the language component of that course.
(4) all courses (including outside subjects) must be passed before embarking on the year abroad, an outside course passed at Resit in August will be acceptable.
Progression to Philosophy Honours requires
(1) an *average* of 50% across both the mandatory Philosophy courses standardly taken in the second year, Mind, Matter and Language (MML) and Knowledge and Reality (K&R) achieved at the first sitting and
(2) a minimum of 40% in each course (MML and K&R) achieved at the first sitting.