Entry into Honours:
(1) Students must pass courses to the required value of 240 credits in the first two years.
(2) Students must achieve 50% or more at first attempt in all required second-year Scandinavian courses for their registered degree.
(3) Students require an *average* of 50% across both the mandatory Philosophy courses standardly taken in the second year, Mind, Matter and Language (MML) and Knowledge and Reality (K&R) achieved at the first sitting.
(4) Students require a minimum of 40% in each course (MML and K&R) achieved at the first sitting.
(5) All courses (including outside subjects) must be passed before embarking on the year abroad, an outside course passed at Resit in August will be acceptable.
A revision of the second year offerings in Scandinavian Studies has been agreed and this will take effect from academic year 2020/21.